News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Let's Help our Veterans, Purple Heart Anglers 2018 Brannan Island

Started by Fishin Machine, February 22, 2018, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishin Machine

Hello Local Arima owners it would be great to see you there to support veterans that sacrifice so much for us. This will be my fifth year and I met some wonderful people at this event. My first year was a WWII Army Air Corps who flew campaigns as a gunner in turret on a bomber B32. The second and fourth year was two Vietnam veterans one of them were shot twice two different times. They are close friends and went through the war together. They seem to look for the Arima. My third year was a Desert Storm Veteran with his son. As a veteran I was never sent to war and this is my way of appreciating my brothers who gave so much.

Happy New Year!  2017 was a great year for PHA as we saw record numbers of Disabled Vets and Volunteers at each event and we are hoping to make 2018 even greater.  As a result, we already have our first and most popular event scheduled, providing plenty of notice for participants.  Last year we had over 100 participants RSVPd for Brannan Island, with 76 actually in attendance and 40+ boats.  Despite the rainy forecast and a short period of thunderstorms the event was extremely successful, prompting 45 Disabled Vets to sign up at Yountville in just the first 48 hours and we have yet to extend the invite to our other sources.  This means we will be looking for a similar or better turnout than last year and seats should be at a premium. 

Event:  7th Annual PHA Brannan Island Fishing Event
Date:  Saturday April 14 2018
Time TBD

If you'd like to volunteer as a captain, deckhand, or food support please contact me.  For captains, please let me know how many Vets you feel comfortable hosting on your boat. 

**Please keep in mind that while we do our best to confirm RSVPs we do not have final control over who does and does not show up.  As a result, it is possible we have extra seats or on occasion extra boats.  We make every effort to put someone aboard every boat.  This may mean that from time to time we send a family member or caretaker of a Vet out as to not leave a volunteer boat without a meaningful participant.  Please keep in mind, family members, caretakers, bus drivers, program coordinators, etc. all play an important role in the lives of our Disabled Vets and they are just as important to us.  Just like you, our volunteers, we cannot do what we do without them.

Thanks for all you do!
Darren Butler
916-300-5420
d_butler2000@hotmail.com
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Fisherdv

I fished out of Brannan Island a few weeks ago. Nice camp grounds, huge launch ramp, about 7 lanes, tons of parking. Thank you for your service :bowdown: That sounds like a great event. I will be on vacation that week so I would not be able to attend.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

GregE

Worthy effort FM.  Hope you have a great turn out

I was about to argue about the pic until I researched the B 32.  All sorts of development problems with that aircraft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidated_B-32_Dominator
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait