News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Installing locking gas cap on Arima sea ranger 19

Started by mikfish320, December 14, 2021, 10:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikfish320

Hello Arima gang.

I am hoping that some of you might have an answer for me regarding this; As you know the gas fill cap on the arima is basically a plastic cover with a push tab to release for fueling.  Due to the high cost of fuel in my area, I am worried about fuel theft and would like to modify filler neck to allow for the use of a lockable gas lid; either threaded with a lockable lid or an actual locking cap.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  My tank is the standard 48 gallon styrene tank located in the stern.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

beancounter

Perhaps a better solution would be to move to a place that you don't have those worries. :stirthepot: Sorry couldn't resist that. I just did a quick search and seadog makes a stainless steel fill with a locking cap.
Wholesalemarine.com had it for about $59

Danno

Quote from: mikfish320 on December 14, 2021, 10:15:52 AM
Hello Arima gang...

...  My tank is the standard 48 gallon styrene tank located in the stern.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's rotomolded polyethylene
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

disposable

sea choice makes a locking cap in stainless, and perko makes a plastic one, too.

https://www.amazon.com/Seachoice-32051-Mount-Plate-Locking/dp/B078H1NFN2/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B078H1NFN2&psc=1

but if someone really wants your gas, they could always climb on board and do a little damage... may need to improve your storage if you're really worried about it...?

good luck either way.
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

DeskJockey

I was looking at new fuel fill caps the other day. If you replace the plastic filler with metal, you'll probably want to run a ground wire back to the battery.

I had contemplated running the wire while my tank was out, but didn't. Stayed with plastic filler cap. Project for another day I guess.
1991 17' Sea Ranger

mikfish320

Thank you for the reply.  It may not stop the ones that are gonna take it no matter what but it will sure deter those that have to think twice!!!