News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

19 Skip top project for sale on Craigslist $8975 -- C/L Post GONE

Started by Markshoreline, September 20, 2017, 08:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

croaker stroker

25 years old and still looks like it has the original Arima decal and pinstripes.   :bowdown:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

2laget4u

Would this motor work?

rzb8t-6282379686@sale.craigslist.org

croaker stroker

Maybe the motor is OK ??  I have had a couple of buddies who got lucky because the motors were not that expensive to fix.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Tj805

That could be a nice project .
I thought about going and looking at it.
Mabey getting it as a long term project.
Put it together over a few years span.
I bet to do it right a person would have another 15 grand in it easy.
2000 sea chaser 19
Honda 130
2014 yamaha f8

PugetScott

I went and looked at this boat, and ended up buying my Sea Ranger from the same guy. Super nice guy, very easygoing.

The controls would engage the electric choke, but nothing was happening when you turn the key. His claim, from the previous owner, was that the motor did run, but it was not reliable. The motor lift worked, so power was getting back to the motor, sort of. Just something missing to turn it over.  He also said it was a 130hp motor and it just had the wrong cover. I think the cover said 90.

I couldn't help but wonder if it was something very very simple, like a fuse somewhere. But I didn't have the nerve to take the chance on it when he had a fully functional hardtop (with a kicker) there as well.

Otherwise the boat seemed to be in reasonable shape for the price. I didn't sound the hull, but didn't see any major issues (although I only spent a few minutes looking at it.)
1990 Sea Ranger 19 Hardtop
1995 Yamaha 115 two stroke
2001 Yamaha 9.9 four stroke

Quote from: PugetScott on September 23, 2017, 07:12:17 AM
I went and looked at this boat, and ended up buying my Sea Ranger from the same guy. Super nice guy, very easygoing.

The controls would engage the electric choke, but nothing was happening when you turn the key. His claim, from the previous owner, was that the motor did run, but it was not reliable. The motor lift worked, so power was getting back to the motor, sort of. Just something missing to turn it over.  He also said it was a 130hp motor and it just had the wrong cover. I think the cover said 90.

I couldn't help but wonder if it was something very very simple, like a fuse somewhere. But I didn't have the nerve to take the chance on it when he had a fully functional hardtop (with a kicker) there as well.

Otherwise the boat seemed to be in reasonable shape for the price. I didn't sound the hull, but didn't see any major issues (although I only spent a few minutes looking at it.)

Which arima HT did ya end up with.

Curious?

Thank-you
Bob... :flag:
Live to ride and ride to Live

ohmytodd

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

ibergstein1

Quote from: PugetScott on September 23, 2017, 07:12:17 AM

Zombie thread revival! I just bought this boat. Guess dude had been trying to sell it on and off all winter.... well I've got a 2015 etec 115 that has been waiting for a better boat then the one I had. So the motor wasn't too much of a concern to me however my buddy was in need of motor bad on his homebuilt aluminum boat so we started looking through the one that came with it. Pugetscott I just have to say you hit the nail on the head. Couple jiggles on the throttle and we got the motor to turn over... neutral safety switch was why it wasn't getting power. Good compression on it so we will make it work! Well just thought it was funny this thread helped me go into the buying process a little more informed so thanks you guys. I'm already started on a full rewire (done right) so I'll start posting the transformation on the forums!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk