News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Custom Arima cabs

Started by Off The Hook Boat Works, July 17, 2021, 12:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coastalcav

Looks amazing!!! Would love some interior pictures so we can see how it attaches/if this would be something the average joe could install. Say if someone ordered one to be sent to Oregon ;)
1991 17' SC "Angel's Envy"

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: Coastalcav on August 03, 2021, 03:22:43 PM
Looks amazing!!! Would love some interior pictures so we can see how it attaches/if this would be something the average joe could install. Say if someone ordered one to be sent to Oregon ;)

Supper easy to install, I will post some pic, and a video when I reinstall the one on my boat.

Chevyeater707

2003 19 Sea Ranger 90 Honda
Bay Area, CA

Hunter

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on August 11, 2021, 03:43:31 PM
Any word on pricing yet?

Looks like in Post No. 53 on this thread that $5K is a good baseline number to plan for.....  Probably as much as another grand for sliders....   I actually think that $6K or less for this awesome addition (with sliders) is a square deal and that the added value and overall utility would be totally worth it.  Plus.... it seems that OTHBW is a fellow Arima owner and square shooter who would be willing to discuss any options that mike make sense to do at the build stage.  You don't get that from the dealer. 

Maybe there will be option for basic pilot house at a set baseline price and then a la carte options like sliders, roof rails, etc available as an add-on..   The more I look at the quality of this work, the more I think that buying a 17 or 19 soft-top and then adding on this pilot house might be a better option than buying a new Yellowtail that's probably not going to have the "custom" option... 

If you can find a nice ST 19 with good 4 stroke power .....or if you already own one and then add this on.....you'd basically have a kick-ass Yellowtail for way than less half of what a new one would cost.. 

Like this one:   https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/d/bonney-lake-arima-17-sea-chaser/7363980912.html   
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on August 11, 2021, 03:43:31 PM
Any word on pricing yet?

Sorry for the delay, Been out of town.....

Pricing for the Pilot House is going to be,

Pilot house with Plexiglass windows............... $4800

Pilot house with Glass windows......................$5200 FYI, These windows are 4 to 6 weeks out.

Pilot house with Opening side windows will be $6400  FYI, These windows have a 8 to 10 week lead time.

All Pilot Houses will come with Aluminum grab bars for walking up to the bow.

I will be taking orders at Offthehookboatworks.com   The first orders will be ready in November!

B-TownRanger

Very cool. Pricing is good, IMO. Do you have a list of models which will fit your mold? All the pics are a Sea Chaser. Rumor has it that the ranger and chaser have the same window base, but obviously would need a pretty solid assurance that it would fit before ordering for a Sea Ranger. Thanks for your work on this! I'm pulling for you to sell many dozen of these.
1989 Sea Ranger 19 - 2004 BF150 Honda

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: B-TownRanger on August 17, 2021, 12:33:24 PM
Very cool. Pricing is good, IMO. Do you have a list of models which will fit your mold? All the pics are a Sea Chaser. Rumor has it that the ranger and chaser have the same window base, but obviously would need a pretty solid assurance that it would fit before ordering for a Sea Ranger. Thanks for your work on this! I'm pulling for you to sell many dozen of these.

That is my under standing also, But not 100% sure If that's the case. I had a 15 sea hunter here to measure a few weeks ago, and the windows were identical as the sea chaser window. If there is anyone that wants a Pilot house for anything other than a sea chaser, and would be willing to bring there boat to Camano island wa for me to confirm it will fit....I will offer a discount to the first person to do this. Please feel free to reach out to discus.

DARice

Pricing for the top only, or better, top w frame, I.e. skip top?
2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: DARice on August 17, 2021, 08:10:32 PM
Pricing for the top only, or better, top w frame, I.e. skip top?

Its only money$$$$$  What ever you want..

Chevyeater707

What about shipping to SF bay area? Or would this be pickup only?
Bay Area, CA

Off The Hook Boat Works

on
Quote from: Chevyeater707 on August 19, 2021, 07:17:32 AM
What about shipping to SF bay area? Or would this be pickup only?

Shipping is around $300

eelkram

Im in the SF Bay area too... so if anyone is considering a purchase... maybe we can coordinate a delivery.

My questions are:
1) what's the weight for a PH with sliding windows?
2) For sliders, are they glass or plexi?
3) what are your final dimensions for the PH?  I've got a radar arch already installed... wondering if i have to remove it.
2013 Sea Chaser 19, Suzuki 140, Suzuki 6 kicker- "Prickleback"

Chevyeater707

Has this been test fit on any other models? Or are they going to be different molds? Would like to know if it will fit an 03 19sr before ordering.
Thanks
Bay Area, CA

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on August 21, 2021, 05:08:29 PM
Has this been test fit on any other models? Or are they going to be different molds? Would like to know if it will fit an 03 19sr before ordering.
Thanks

Not 100% sure about that yet, But if you have some time to compare some measurements, I think we can figure it out.

Off The Hook Boat Works

Here a little update on the pilot houses, This one is heading to Maui...... What do you guys think about the rocket launcher mockup?

disposable

EDIT: i think the rack is an excellent idea, and i have been using mine WAY more than i thought i would.
personally, i'd raise the sides up a smidge, and i think if you're gonna weld the frame, maybe you could offer to use weld-on rod-holders... and/or radar pad, and/or deck light?
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

martin3

happy to see the sliding side windows!!

MJM3

1990 SR Skip Top  "Gypsea Soul"
2013 Etec 115H.O.

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

McVickSR19ST

Looking good!  Love the sliding windows! And if the rod holders are welded on, I would offset them like one of these so you can get more rods up there

https://fishmaster.com/5-rod-rocket-launcher.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwiY6MBhBqEiwARFSCPtQw52QcSfo3kAcVqwLGI1BA6tg7nemI64gS6gHEirWOcSv_GyiQRhoC_1sQAvD_BwE#221=243&222=215

Is there room to mount the wipers above the front windshields?
1990 Sea Ranger Skip Top
2021 Suzuki DF140BG

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: disposable on November 04, 2021, 08:33:29 PM
EDIT: i think the rack is an excellent idea, and i have been using mine WAY more than i thought i would.
personally, i'd raise the sides up a smidge, and i think if you're gonna weld the frame, maybe you could offer to use weld-on rod-holders... and/or radar pad, and/or deck light?

I agree with all of that. Side rails can come any hight, still trying to find an affordable weld on option.. best I can find is around $85 each.... Radar pad will be added when needed. 

Off The Hook Boat Works

If anyone knows an place to get aluminum weld on rode holders at a good price ,please let me know.

Humboldt81

I'd be interested in changing out the HT on my '01 SR with this PH as well. Willing to trailer up to you for the work if possible when product is available. Looks good. Rocket launcher, radar pad, and overhead deck light pad would be nice options...on the launcher.
Sam
2001 Arima SR 19 Hardtop
2017 Honda 150
2001 Honda 8 HP kicker (original)
Lowrance HDS 9 Gen2 Electronics (w/radar)

christianbrat

Quote from: Off The Hook Boat Works on November 04, 2021, 09:42:08 PM
If anyone knows an place to get aluminum weld on rode holders at a good price ,please let me know.
It's worth spending the money and getting quality annodized rod holders with gimbals and inserts.. Mine are Taco Marine.

Also, the stainless clamp-ons pictured will galvanically corrode the aluminum unless insulated, so I would consider doing something about that.
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

DARice

That build looks fantastic! While it may depend on operator height, my preference would be to have the bases of the rocket launchers above the top instead of behind it. Then again, I'm 6'3" and have a long reach. Given this configuration, I like the side rail height--a basket or crosspieces would block the vents.

Each time I see your build, I'm primarily thinking about the top as a skip top, and for a skip top I'd want the side rails raised enough to have some storage on top with the base of that 'rack' no higher that the bottom edge of the side rails, probably a bit lower, and sturdy enough for a couple of small commercial style crab pots.

What are the rough XY dimensions of the top? Do you know how that compares to the factory skip top?

Dave
2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9