News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Something is Missing.

Started by croaker stroker, April 25, 2024, 11:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker stroker

I took my boat to the dealer yesterday for new motor and rigging. 

Seems weird to see the empty space where the boat was parked. 
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

davidsea

Hope you never see that view when you DIDN'T take your boat to the dealer... :bigshock:
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Fisherdv

Just look at all that room you have now.  :wink:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

croaker stroker

Quote from: davidsea on April 25, 2024, 01:11:01 PMHope you never see that view when you DIDN'T take your boat to the dealer... :bigshock:

That reminds me that I need to up my insurance.

We should all probably think about that. I think our boats have gone up in value. 

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Peddler

Nearly had a heart-attack one time when I came home to an empty boat parking spot, before the 1/2-second it took to remember it was at the shop.  :redface:
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Fisherdv

Quote from: croaker stroker on April 25, 2024, 01:54:17 PM
Quote from: davidsea on April 25, 2024, 01:11:01 PMHope you never see that view when you DIDN'T take your boat to the dealer... :bigshock:

That reminds me that I need to up my insurance.

We should all probably think about that. I think our boats have gone up in value.
Yeah the California tax assessor has my 16SC valued at $30k. Of course I pay a yearly tax on it based on that amount.  :doh:

Wiley

[/quote]Yeah the California tax assessor has my 16SC valued at $30k. Of course I pay a yearly tax on iamount.  :doh:
[/quote]

Hmmm I thought California tax was a luxury tax for 22' and above. I had to pay it for C Dory but not Arima ?
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Fisherdv

Yeah the California tax assessor has my 16SC valued at $30k. Of course I pay a yearly tax on iamount.  :doh:
[/quote]

Hmmm I thought California tax was a luxury tax for 22' and above. I had to pay it for C Dory but not Arima ?
[/quote]

Nope. I gotta pay. I think it's based on value, or purchase price.

markymark

Something is missing in my back driveway because I moved her into the garage today. And never again will she sleep outside.

AJFishin

Can't wait to see the new motor!  :party017:

Quote from: Fisherdv on April 25, 2024, 04:55:35 PMYeah the California tax assessor has my 16SC valued at $30k. Of course I pay a yearly tax on iamount.  :doh:

[/quote]

Nope. I gotta pay. I think it's based on value, or purchase price.
[/quote]

I've had to pay it on all of my boats no matter their value. That hand is always out. 🫴🏻💵
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Wiley

I'm claiming ignorance. Hear no tax, see no tax, pay no tax ! :beerchug:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Fisherdv

Quote from: Wiley on April 26, 2024, 09:22:23 AMI'm claiming ignorance. Hear no tax, see no tax, pay no tax ! :beerchug:
Thats a lot of back taxes Wiley!  :1zhelp:

croaker stroker

Well this brings up a whole new reason to be pissed off... 

:jester: :jester:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

croaker stroker

So, there's a good reason to buy a beat-up old Arima for less than $10,000, add a new trailer for less than $10,000, and add an outboard for less than $10,000.

I think it is wrong to charge property tax on a rented slip.  :berry:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

CS, be sure to report your new motor and cost to your county tax assessor. They will up the value on your boat accordingly and raise your yearly "luxury" tax.  :cha:

croaker stroker

Quote from: Fisherdv on April 26, 2024, 10:50:29 AMCS, be sure to report your new motor and cost to your county tax assessor. They will up the value on your boat accordingly and raise your yearly "luxury" tax.  :cha:

Thanks Fisher. I wouldn't want to short change California. Something tells me the dealer may report it for me?

I just read a report that they have changed the law regarding Homeowners insurance. Apparently California is going to raise the limit on premium increases. Now some of the Insurance Companies (like AllState and State Farm) are going to begin writing HO insurance again although with much higher cost. (Especially those in fire country)

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

It's really easy to report it yourself. There is a form you can fill out that asks to list all of the upgrades and add ons you've done to the boat. Like, VHF radio, pole holders, etc. anything that would raise the value.

No, really, I'm not joking.  :facepalm: When I tried to contest the assessed value they had my boat at, they wanted me to fill out that form. At that point I figured there's just no winning and didn't bother.

AJFishin

Quote from: croaker stroker on April 26, 2024, 11:04:37 AM
Quote from: Fisherdv on April 26, 2024, 10:50:29 AMCS, be sure to report your new motor and cost to your county tax assessor. They will up the value on your boat accordingly and raise your yearly "luxury" tax.  :cha:

Thanks Fisher. I wouldn't want to short change California. Something tells me the dealer may report it for me?

I just read a report that they have changed the law regarding Homeowners insurance. Apparently California is going to raise the limit on premium increases. Now some of the Insurance Companies (like AllState and State Farm) are going to begin writing HO insurance again although with much higher cost. (Especially those in fire country)

AAA told me the last time I was there, as of April 1st, they raised all HO insurance 50% across the board for new and renews. :facepalm:  Last week I just got a letter from Liberty Mutual telling us in 85 days our umbrella is not going to be renewed after getting a letter from them 2 months ago telling us they will be renewing us. :doh:
The one silver lining I guess from the recent news is the insurance company we have for our rental properties was not renewing us, but before the policy ended, we received a letter stating, "After discussions with the California Department of Insurance, we're offering you the opportunity for an Insurance policy with a new effective date that is consistent with the referenced policy." This was a huge relief as the only less expensive insurance company willing to wfite us a new policy was Mercury and there was going to be a 40% increase in what we were paying.

AJFishin

My last tax payment for my SR19 was $180. They also tried to get me to pay for the CC I had sold to my nephew a couple years back. I was on the phone with the assessor's office for about an hour, emailing proof that I sold it, and finally they closed it without needing to pay.
They're tricky and I think they purposely do bad file management.

markymark

No wonder there's an Exodus out of CA. Damn...

croaker stroker

We have to pay for the bullet train to Las Vegas.  :beerchug:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

Quote from: croaker stroker on April 26, 2024, 01:15:50 PMWe have to pay for the bullet train to Las Vegas.  :beerchug:
And if you win any money there California will want their cut when you get back.

headduck

Insurance has gone up a bunch for us in wa as well. Auto went up more than 50% home owners less but up...med insurance also up... no increase in services from any of them.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

fishmeister

Quote from: markymark on April 26, 2024, 12:21:19 PMNo wonder there's an Exodus out of CA. Damn...

I'm just hoping that Jay Inslee doesn't find out about this and decide to pull this money-grab scam on us.
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

markymark

Quote from: fishmeister on April 26, 2024, 03:58:04 PM
Quote from: markymark on April 26, 2024, 12:21:19 PMNo wonder there's an Exodus out of CA. Damn...

I'm just hoping that Jay Inslee doesn't find out about this and decide to pull this money-grab scam on us.
Thankfully he's almost out of time. I can't wait for the referendum on the carbon tax to slap him in the face on the way out the door. 😛