News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Pilot House Windows

Started by croaker stroker, June 23, 2016, 07:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Liberty Call

This link will be very helpful when I go to put sliding windows in the Yellowtail. 
Thanks Stroker.

Fisherdv

Thanks for the link CS. We should all try to add more links for common and not so easy to find parts for our boats.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Liberty Call

Agree.  I want mine installed within the first year of ownership  Crossing my fingers.  lol

Fisherdv

Quote from: Liberty Call on August 18, 2020, 05:34:24 PM
Agree.  I want mine installed within the first year of ownership  Crossing my fingers.  lol
If I remember correctly Bo said you could order boat with the sliding side windows for extra cost. I would ask. Would be much easier to get them now, rather than installing later.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Liberty Call

croaker stroker:  I have started my quest for sliding windows in the YT.  Thank you for the link and info.  I want precise measurements for the window openings and have asked for the drawings or at lease some official measurements.  Mine might be a bit different than what it actually might be. 

Thanks again. 

Liberty Call

Thank you to Stephen (Arima Factory) for sending me the measurements for the Pilot house windows.   

Tailout

Hey LC, would you share the measurements of the windows, and have you been able to source them. I have a Yellowtail on order, I asked the factory about installing sliders, and a thur hull transducer na da they won't do anything that is not on their build sheet
2022 Arima 19' Sea Chaser Yellowtail  115 hp Yamaha, Yamaha 9.9 kicker
Fish Rite 17x54 drift boat 6hp Yamaha
2007  Sea Ranger 19',  90 hp Honda 8hp Honda Kicker (Sold)

Hunter

Very short sided for a dealer / manufacturer to not have a sliding window option...   
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Liberty Call

Tailout.  Question, I see how much you like my YT.  You have it as your picture on this site.  I'm flattered.  LOL.  Here are the exact measurements from the factory a year ago when I purchased the boat. 

Tailout

Well that's as clear as mud. I'm currently running a 07 sr19, 90hp Honda and love it. I was going to build a pilot house and repower with a Yamaha 115... but I decided to buy my last boat right. I have a not yet bulit Yellowtail on order. The picture is from Arima's website, are you joking or is that your boat they used in their ad?

disposable

tailout, since the windows are not rectangular, i think you will need more than just the 'measurements'. sounds like LC was able to get cutouts/patterns, which is what you'll need to get the angles/radii right... and don't forget to have them labeled for in/out and fore/rear.
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

DARice

If anyone priced sliders using CS's link, please share.

Thanks!
Dave
2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9

Tailout

Well anyone have any info on sliders for the Yellowtail edition? I heard a rumor that Arima is now installing sliding windows in the YT at the factory during the build. It can get a little warm in the pilothouse. Anyone have a link for cabin fans. I'm also thinking of rigging up some type of hinge with little shocks on the roof panels to open them part way for some air. Somebody must have done this already.     

Tailout

anyone order or have a 2023 Yellowtail edition? Has anyone installed sliding windows in a Yellowtail edition Sea Chaser? So it's my understanding the first year the Yellowtail was offered was 2019, any idea on how many they have build? When I ordered my Yellowtail in SEPT 2022 I got it a year later and was told it was the best selling Arima model at the time.

Whiskeytango101

My 23 YT spent some time visiting the factory after purchase (amazing production team and production manager btw). I asked for slider window pricing... it wasn't pretty. At the time (last Nov/Dec), I don't think the windows were offered but maybe they are now? Regardless, cost for two windows was about $2k (+/-) from the current supplier. I opted for a bow hatch instead (easier anchor solution as well) and will open the hatch and cuddy door for a little flow. The hatch gives me just enough airflow to be happy.

I would love to see if you end up with a mod for the hatches with hinge/stand-off. I've been working that exact concept through my small brain for the last 6 months... still coming up with nothing.

Tailout

christianbrat

i bet this could be done with struts like the ones for truck tailgates to get some lift assistance.
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

Tailout

Make some drawings. The panels aren't that heavy. 

DARice

Another option for fixed or sliding windows is www.motionwindows.com, based in Vancouver, WA. For glass only their sister company, Peninsula Glass (aka onedayglass.com) is an option.

I dealt with Peninsula glass on replacing a french door insulated glass panel and they did a great job. I had phone conversations with Wynne, Peninsula Glass, and Motion Windows--all were very helpful and I learned a lot.

Dave
2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9