News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Neah Bay halibut dates for 2019

Started by BigMac, December 20, 2018, 09:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMac

Spoke with Heather at the Halibut Commission about the halibut season next May in Area 4.
Apparently there was a lot of heart burn (not Heather saying but reading between the lines) with this year's scheduling. They are going back to the regular Thursday-Saturday halibut days starting May 2nd.  They have this schedule through at least May until the quota is met.
I didn't check this out on the web site so if any errors in the above please post.
(Dave)

HemiGTX

It will be interesting to see what the Neah Bay fishery will look like this year.  The key factors are tides/weather, extent of long-lining prior to the sport season, and moorage rates.  The last two years have been challenging.
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

headduck

The long liners got me last year...out in full force the day before and apparently they did well...they folks at the dock have a tendency to let you know they were in only after you return from skunk day...a little more breathing room would be great...one day maybe...
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Nineball

Info stolen from another site

Ok it's official on the dates for 2019 Halibut just not sure what the quota is going to be, they think it will be close to 17,18 quota.
Area 1&2
May 2,5,9,12,24
Area's 3 - 10
May 2,4,9,11,18,24,26
June 6,8,20,22 if quota is available.
Also a friendly reminder that the whole month of May area's 3&4 will be open for Deep water Lingcod and bottom fish with the canary limit raised to 7 per day happy prospecting. Please take care of any Yelloweye you catch and descend them so we can keep this opportunity open and available for all.
Parker 2310, 225suzi, 9.9HT

BruceL2_Fish

I have tried to call Big Salmon, just goes to voice mail.  Checked their Facebook page and they said moorage rate same as last year.  So not sure if that means we have to pay for the whole month again.  Anyone have information on that?
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

HemiGTX

THey will be manning the phone on 1 Jan. 

BruceL2_Fish

I got a response from Big Salmon on their Facebook page. Be ready to pay for the entire month of May if you want moorage.   They will have some squeeze in space if they have cancellations but going in May moorage same deal as last year, pay for the month. 
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

HemiGTX

BigMac

Quote from: BruceL2_Fish on December 21, 2018, 07:33:26 PM
I got a response from Big Salmon on their Facebook page. Be ready to pay for the entire month of May if you want moorage.   They will have some squeeze in space if they have cancellations but going in May moorage same deal as last year, pay for the month.
Yikes!!  You have just given a dose of reality to my dream of hali fishing NB again.  Any idea what a 22' (25' overall) moorage fee would be?
Thanks,
(Dave)

Omega3

05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

HemiGTX

Last year they told me they were charging everyone the same price, regardless of the size of the boat. 

BruceL2_Fish

That is correct. You want a spot it is $650 for May.  Not sure what The Cape is doing this year for RV spots.
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Markshoreline

They make it hard to take that deal, but they're in the car bird's seat here.  Maybe some of us can slip share a spot?
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

BigMac

Appreciate the info on cost. 
My boat has no bottom paint.  Assuming it's moored for 3 weeks, how much and type of marine growth will collect?  Best way to remove? 
Thanks in advance for any comments.
(Dave)

BruceL2_Fish

I've had my boat in the water at Neah Bay for 3 weeks.  Not a lot of growth on the bottom.  Pretty easy to clean up.
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

BigMac

Quote from: BruceL2_Fish on December 23, 2018, 03:20:58 PM
I've had my boat in the water at Neah Bay for 3 weeks.  Not a lot of growth on the bottom.  Pretty easy to clean up.
Thanks for the info.